Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Black Wristband

Kevin asked me to post my encounter with the security checkpoint worker in Amsterdam on our journey home last Saturday.
Background on the wristband: About 2 years ago during the series Big Church, wristbands were given out that had "Be Bold" and "Acts 4:29" inscribed on them. I have been wearing mine and also wore my wife's. When we were going thru the security checkpoint, we were asked if we were traveling alone or with a group. When we answered with a group, we were pulled aside for questions. The questions were the normal ones, did you check a bag, did you pack it, has it been out of your site, and so on. The agent also asked me the purpose of our trip, which I replied we were renovating a church in Estonia. He seemed to light up at my answer and said that was cool. Then he asked me about my wristbands. I told him what was inscribed and told him the story in Acts of the apostles praying to be bold after they had been jailed. I also gave him the North Point web site and that he could hear past messages on the site. He seemed very interested, and then asked if I had another wristband that he could have. Only having the two, I took one off and gave it to him. He seemed surprised that I would take off one of mine and give it to him, but he was very thankful. What will come from this I do not know, but I will pray everyday that this gentleman will come to know the Lord and have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.

1 comment: