So I need to update my passport. It has been a while (over 15 years) so I have to re-apply for a passport. The problem with this is you have to schedule an appointment with the Post Office but they don't answer their phone. So I went in person to schedule the appointment only to find out that they only have appointments available after my trip. There is one (single, as in 1) location in the state that accepts walk-ins, located in Cumming which is a 45 minute drive for me. So off I go... I arrive 15 minutes prior to opening and find a line of about 40-50 people. No idea how long this will take I camp out. Three hours later, they call me back. I set my timer on my phone and 6.16 minutes later I am out. So 3 hours wait for 6 minutes of processing. Moral of the story: Get your passport appointment now! It does not matter if you are planning on going anywhere. Save yourself the headache!
No comments:
Post a Comment